XM is one of the most popular Forex brokers with a wide choice of markets, excellent educational content and responsive support. Licenses from tier-1 jurisdictions make it a safe choice for users who want to trade currencies, CFDs, and other assets. So, how to sign up XM broker? Follow our guide to set up your account for real trading.
How To Sign Up XM Broker — 5 Steps
You should be able to complete your registration in around 5 minutes. Please note that as a regulated broker, XM has to verify its users’ identities. You will need to upload copies of your documents after Step 5.
Step 1. Visit the Registration Page
Click on the “Open An Account“ button in the centre of the XM homepage to initiate the registration process. It will redirect you to another page, where you will be asked for some personal details and preferences. You will not be charged for opening the account. Like the XM demo, it is absolutely free.
Step 2. Fill in Basic Details
Fill in each of the fields carefully to make sure there are no typos. The fields include:
- First and Last Name (as spelt in your ID document)
- Country of Residence (some account types, bonuses, and other XM services may not be available in some locations)
- Preferred Language (the staff will use it to contact you, but you can change this preference later)
- Phone Number and Code (the broker may need to call you in some situations)
- Email Address (only one address for both logins and communication with the company)
Step 3. Choose Platform and Account Type
The broker works with both versions of the MetaTrader platform — MT4 and MT5. Depending on the software, you may choose between these account types: Micro, Standard, Ultra Low Standard, Ultra Low Micro, and Shares. After completing this information, decide if you want to receive the company’s newsletters, news, and product updates (check the corresponding box to subscribe).
Step 4. Fill in Personal Details
On the next page, you will be asked for your date of birth, address (the same as the one on your supporting documents), trading account details, investor information, knowledge, and experience. You will also need to specify if you are a US citizen.
- The Trading Account Details section includes the preferred base currency, leverage and account bonus.
- The Investor Information section includes your investment amount, employment status, level of education, total annual income and total estimated net worth in US dollars, and the intended purpose of registering on the site.
- In Trading Knowledge & Experience, you need to describe your experience or qualifications related to trading and the number of
- derivative trades over the past 36 months. Specify if you have opened 25 or more derivative trades in the demo mode over the past year.
Step 5. Create a Password
Finally, you need to create a strong password to access and protect your account. Remember to check the Confirmation box before clicking on the “Open a Real Account” button, which finalizes the process. Then, check your inbox for an email from XM and confirm your address by clicking on the link inside the message.
Now you know how to sign up XM broker! To validate your account, upload your documents to the Members Area. The requirements vary depending on the country of residence.
- The XM broker offers demo and live accounts. Every beginner is advised to start with the risk-free mode. You can register your demo account quickly — just click on the red button on the official XM site, provide basic personal information, choose account type, and create a password.
- XM lets you open several accounts provided they are linked to the same email address. This means you can open accounts for both MT4 and MT5.
- Choose MT5 if you want a wider range of markets than MT4, as it adds stocks and shares to the mix.
- You can use the XM web trader with your login credentials to MT5.
Sign Up XM Broker – Conclusion
XM has a smooth registration procedure that takes just a few minutes. After confirming your email and validating your account, you can start making money in the real markets!